Flodesk: How to Set Up Automations
Have you heard of Flodesk? It’s my new favorite email service provider for businesses. Why do I love it so much? First of all, it’s easy to use. As a business owner you have enough on your mind, without having to figure out a complicated email automation service. Another reason I love it is that it was developed for photographers. Why is this so important to me? Because, as a photographer and branding consultant, the visual aspects of what I do online are very important to me. In other words, you can make really pretty emails with Flodesk!
Now that we’ve gone over a few of the reasons I love Flodesk for my customer and client emails, I’m going to walk you through how easy it is to set up automations with Flodesk. Why should you utilize automations? Automated email sequences allow you to make money and grow your customer base while you sleep. This means you can step away from your computer and live your life! Read more about email marketing HERE.
Creating a Flodesk Automation
- Go to your Flodesk account and navigate to the Workflows section in the top menu
- Click on the + Create New to start a new workflow
- Select a template you like, or you can start from scratch and create your own.
- Don’t forget to name your workflow so you can find it later!
- Click the ‘Add Trigger’ button to set what event will start the automation workflow for your client
- Select the trigger you prefer. The most commonly used trigger is when a subscriber is added to a segment.
- Choose your segment, and click ‘Save’
- Click on the + sign again to add a new email, time delay or condition
- Decide what action you want to add as the next step in your automation workflow. You have 3 options: email, time delay, or an if/then condition
- When ready, add an email to your workflow and decide if you’d prefer to use an email you’ve already created or you would like to create a new email.
- Customize your email
- Select your subject line, the sender profile, and the preview text to customize what your subscriber sees in their email inbox. Make sure you click ‘Save’ when you’re done so this is added to your workflow
- Hooray! You did it! Click on ‘Publish Now’ to start the email automation. Don’t worry, you can always pause or edit this in the future if you need to. Once the automation is running, you can manage it and check the insights for it in your top menu under ‘Workflows’
How simple is that? I’ve used many other email systems in the past, and none are as easy to use and intuitive as Flodesk.
Want to try Flodesk for yourself? Click HERE for 50% off! This makes it only $19 a month to create gorgeous emails that your clients will love.
Have you taken my 5 Day Content Challenge yet? Join HERE!