7 ways to build your business while watching tv
After a long, fun and productive day of five kids, car pool, working, scouts, piano and everything, my husband and I like to sit down at night and watch a couple episodes of the Office together. It is our thing and we love it. (Will Pam and Jim ever get together? shhh. Don’t tell me. I have to wait to watch season 4 again.)
But you know me, I don’t like wasting time and my brain very seldom turns off. So, on the nights I want to be a little productive, here are some things that you can do to grow your business while watching TV.
- Edit photos- having your photos ready to go for Instagram and blogging can be a huge time saver.
- Resize images for blog posts- I use Blogstomp to do this in a couple easy clicks.
- Create blog images- I like to create my blog images over at Canva.com. It is free and easy.
- Add links to your blog posts- finding links can take a while and having them done before I write a post can speed up my writing process.
- Find affiliate links to add to your blog posts- If you use affiliates like Shop Style or Amazon, then you will know that this is different than the above tip. Finding specific affiliate links for each items can take a long while.
- Comment on Instagram- building relationships is an important part of growing your Instagram presence and since I can’t trust the Instagram algorithm to be able to show all of the accounts I want to comment on, I have a list of friends and business friends that I go through and comment on their posts. This saves me time, keeps me focused and stops the scrolling
- Schedule Pinterest. I use Tailwind to set up my Pinterest for the week. This is quick and fun.
Alright friends, that should get you going through a couple episodes of your favorite Netflix show. Also know that I don’t do this all the time. There are definitely nights when I just have to shut down, but when I don’t, you can find me clicking away on my computer.