I’ve talked recently about the benefits of using a Pinterest business account. You can find that post here. Utilizing a Pinterest business account is a great way to grow your business online. I’m going to go over how to set up a Pinterest business account in this post.
Setting up a Pinterest business account is so simple, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t done it before! One of the benefits of utilizing this free tool to grow your business is that you can link your personal Pinterest account with your business account. This allows you to easily switch between your personal and business profiles without having to log in and out each time. Plus, you can link up to 4 business accounts to one personal account.
How to set up a Pinterest business account & link it to your personal Pinterest:
To add a business profile to your personal Pinterest account, there are a few simple steps you need to follow.
- First, log into your personal Pinterest account.
- Click the down arrow in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Click the prompt “add a free business account”, and then click “get started”
- Follow the prompts to create your business account. This will include adding a profile picture, your business name, your website, and where you are located.
- When you are finished inputting your information, click next.
- Pick one of the options from the drop-down menu for your business focus, click next. Select what type of business you are, click next.
- Decide if you are ready to run ads on Pinterest. No pressure to figure it out right now, you can always choose, “I’m not sure yet”. Click next again.
You’re all set up! Now you just need to decide if you want to create your first pin under your Pinterest business account, showcase your brand, or grow your audience. If you don’t want to do any of those right away, you can just go straight to your new business profile.
Setting up a new business account that isn’t linked to your personal Pinterest account:
If you’d like to keep things separate between your personal an d business Pinterest account, then you can create a standalone business account. If you choose to go this route, however, you will have to sign in and out each time you want to switch between your profiles.
Here’s how to create a standalone Pinterest business account.
- Log out of your personal account.
- Create your business account by clicking, “add a free business account.”
- Click “get started”
- Follow the instructions to add your profile picture, enter your business name, add your website, and select your country.
- When you have completed the above information, click next.
- Select an option for the focus of your business, click next again.
- Select what type of business you are.
- Choose if you are ready to run ads on Pinterest, and click next.
You’re ready to go! Now you need to decide how you will start to grow your Pinterest business account. Are you going to create your first pin or showcase your brand? It’s up to you.
Now you’re ready to grow your brand
Now that you have your Pinterest business account set up, you are ready to grow your brand and business on Pinterest! Why do I love Pinterest so much when it comes to my business? Pinterest is a giant search engine where users go to search for the answers to their problems. Most people think Pinterest is for diy tutorials, home decor inspiration, or recipes. But Pinterest is also a place for business tutorials and advice, encouragement, and so many other things.
I tell all of my clients that they need to set up a Pinterest Business Account and utilize the tools to grow their businesses. It is amazing to see how much growth your business can have when you start using Pinterest. Are you ready to jump in? Check out my brand new Pinterest Jump Start Course here!
I’ll be sharing more Pinterest tips and advice on my Instagram page. Are we social media friends? Follow me there @iammichellegifford.