A few days ago I shared a post on Instagram about my journey to being able to build a business online. Blogging was not really even a thing, people were not making money blogging and it certainly wasn’t considered a job or career. But today I want to talk about some of the many, many ways you can make money blogging.
There are two main categories that the ways to make money blogging fall under.
- Selling your own stuff
- Selling or promoting others stuff
In this post, you will learn exactly how to make money with a blog, whether you’re a beginner or more advanced.
You will also get a list of websites that you can sign up for in order to start making money on your blog.
What Do You Need To Make Money Blogging?
Look over your blog and see if you have the following elements in place to maximize your income earning potential.
A blog that’s set up properly. Read how to start a blog here
Great, valuable content that brings people to your blog
Collaborations and relationships with other bloggers
A strong platform or niche
Diversified income streams
How Do Blogs Make Money?
The content on your blog brings in traffic, which in turn may convert to clicks, sales or sign ups. It is from those clicks, sales or sign-ups that the money really comes from. Let’s take a look at those different ways.
An ad network is a company that connects advertisers to bloggers and other website owners who want to host advertisements in order to earn cash. Below are a few ad network companies you may want to look into. Some have a minimum amount of page views you need to meet before they will take you on but some do not.
- Google AdSense
- Revenue Hits
- Propeller Ads
When you join an affiliate network, you as a blogger/website owner will be able to apply to join specific advertising campaigns for brands and companies. If you are accepted into those affiliate programs, you will be provided with text or banner images that you can use to create campaigns on your blog. This gives you more control over what is being shown on your blog than ad networks. You then get paid a commission based on the number of people who see, click, purchase, sign-up for, etc. on those affiliate advertisements. The terms of the specific affiliate program will detail that. Below are a few affiliate companies you may want to look into. Some have a minimum amount of page views you need to meet before they will take you on but some do not.
- Cj Affiliate
- Amazon Associates
- Vig Link
You can also become an affiliate for specific companies directly from their website, rather than via an affiliate network. Many companies and brands have their own affiliate program so take a peek at their website and see if they have an affiliate program available. It also never hurts to email and ask, if it’s a company or brand you really love.
Provide Valuable Content
You will need to build trust with your visitors, and this will happen by providing valuable information to them AT ALL TIMES. This doesn’t mean that you can’t monetize your blog from the beginning. In fact, I recommend that you start to monetize as early as possible if one of your goals is to make money on your blog. Earning your first $1.00 from your blog may just be the thing to keep you motivated and consistent with blogging.
Ensure you monetize organically
Make sure you’re monetizing your blog organically. This means that you should sell/sponsor products that have some sort of relation to your website content or niche. For instance, if your blog is about health and fitness, try to find affiliate programs that are related to health and fitness or create your own products (e-books for instance) that relate to health and fitness. This is the type of information that your visitors are expecting and are interested in.
Blogging is not a get rich quick scheme. Don’t get me wrong, you can become rich off a blog, but it won’t happen overnight. Although the concept of blogging is quite simple, less than 25% of bloggers earn a consistent income from their blogs. Why? Because the other 75% become inconsistent, and they don’t dedicate time to learning the techniques of successful bloggers.
So get out there and give these options a try. If you are looking for a way to set up a blog in 30 minutes or less, check out this post here. I’m excited to see what you can create today! Make sure you join our facebook group, Biz with Michelle, for awesome tips and collaboration opportunities.
I would love to see your blog and success!